COVID-19: PCR Testing & Sample Collection for Departure guests
DEFINITION OF PCR TEST: PCR = Polymerase Chain Reaction
Why is the test used?
Answer: PCR tests look for pieces of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in the nose, throat, or other areas in the respiratory tract to determine if the person has an active infection
How is the test performed?
Answer: In most cases, a nasal or throat swab is taken by a healthcare provider and tested. Sometimes the test can be run while you wait, and sometimes the swab needs to be sent to a lab for testing.
What does a positive test result mean?
Answer: A positive PCR test means that the person being tested has an active COVID-19 infection.
What does a negative test result mean?
Answer: A negative PCR test means that person was probably not infected at the time their sample was collected. However, it doesn’t mean they won’t get sick – it only means that they didn’t have COVID-19 at the time of testing.
How much is COVID-19: PCR Testing & Sample Collection for Departure guests
PCR COVID-19 Test is USD185/- per person (includes all taxes)
Where is Maldives?
The Maldives is a group of 1200 coral islands that are located in the Indian Ocean to the South and South-West of India and Sri Lanka, respectively. It is about 4 hours flying time from Singapore on the east and 5 hours flying time from the gulf on the west.
How do I get to the Maldives?
The best way to travel to the Maldives is by Air Travel. A number of flights both scheduled and charter operate to the Maldives.
Do I need a Visa to enter Maldives?
No, you do not need a Visa prior to entering the Maldives. All travelers are given a 30-day Visa upon arrival. To receive this, each traveler must present a passport (valid for at least 6 months), and a valid return air ticket to a destination where the passenger has permission to enter together with any visa required for that destination.
What is the weather like in Maldives?
Being located on the equator, the Maldives has a hot tropical climate, with plenty of sunshine and a high level of humidity. The temperature fluctuates between 24C to 30C. Maldives has two monsoons, the northeast moon occurring from November to April and is the dry and sunny season, while Southwest Monsoon from May to October is the rainy season. Having said this, it is possible to get much more number of sunny days even during the rainy season.
What is the best time to visit Maldives?
The Maldives are lovely all year around but high season tends to be during November to April when there are clear skies and it is dry. The visibility for diving is also high during this period. However, for surfers it is the opposite, since the south west monsoon brings in the best waves, with the largest waves occurring in July and August.
How long does it take to get to Cocoon Maldives from Male?
It takes just 30 minutes by seaplane
Do you have e-mail and internet facilities available to the guest?
Yes, all our guest accommodations have complimentary Wi-Fi internet facilities provided. Log in details will be briefed at the time of check in by our Island Hosts. In addition, we also have complimentary Wi-Fi access at all our three restaurants and throughout the resort.
Currency used on the islands?
The local currency is the Maldivian Rufiyaa. We accept US Dollars cash, other major currencies and all major credit cards. (visa, master, amex, unionpay)
What is the Time Zone od Cocoon?
Cocoon Maldives is one hours ahead of Male time and 6 Hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time. Providing an extra one hours of daylight each day so guests can get the most out of every day.
What languages are spoken in Cocoon?
The official languages spoken at Cocoon Maldives are Dhivehi and English. However, we have multilingual staff working here as well. (English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French)
What are the Transfers available at Cocoon Maldives?
Transfer rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Return SeaPlane transfers
- Cocoon Maldives is located approximately 30 minutes by seaplane ride from Velana International Airport. The seaplane transfer is provided by Trans Maldivian Airways and transfers are charged as follows:
- Return Transfer Charges inclusive of all tax and service, charger:
a) Adult 12 years and above – US$ 420.00
b) Child 2-15.99 yrs. US$ 250.00 (child under 2 years free of charge on condition no seat is taken)
- Seaplane transfers will be arranged by the Resort. The Agent must make all flight reservations through the Resort.
- Seaplane transfer provider imposes a luggage restriction of 20 kg’s of checked luggage and 5 kg’s of hand luggage, additional weight will be charged US$5.00 per kg.
- Please note that neither the resort nor the transfer provider shall be held liable for any claims arising from missed international flights, due to the delay of seaplane transfer caused by adverse weather conditions, force majeure and acts of God.
- Seaplanes operate during daylight hours only. Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight, landing after 15:30hrs, will need to find their own overnight accommodation in Malé at their own expense. They will be transferred to Cocoon Maldives the following day.
- Departure transfers from Cocoon Maldives to Velana International Airport are scheduled between 06:00hrs and 16:00hrs, connecting to all international flights leaving from 09:00hrs onwards. Guests departing Malé on an international flight earlier than 09:00hrs will need to leave Cocoon Maldives 1 day before the date of departure to reach the airport on time.
- Please note that seaplane rate is subject to change with changes in Fuel surcharge by the Trans Maldivian Airways.
- There is a lot of seaplanes and you will wait max 1 or 2 hours. You can find a small cafeteria and waiting area at the seaplane terminal.
What is the transfer waiting time?
There is a lot of seaplanes and you will wait max 1 or 2 hours. On the airport seaplane you can find a small waiting area and cafeteria
Is there a kid’s area at Cocoon Maldives?
The Kids Club offers a range of outdoor and indoor activities for kids of all ages starting from age of 3Yrs old till 11.99 Years. Kids below the age of 03 Years will be allowed to Kids club with assistance of a parent or babysitters, which can be booked in advance.
Does Cocoon provide Babysitting services?
Babysitting Service would be available for USD 60.00 for 3 hours per child. For each additional 1 hour, USD 15.00 will be charged per child. (These prices are inclusive of all taxes and is subject to change without any prior notice)
Babysitter will be required to be booked for children 2 years and below and optional for 3 years and above. Children between 3 and 12 years are welcome for the Kid’s Club without Guardian.
Parents can leave the children 12 years and below if a babysitter is booked accordingly as per above. Babysitting service is available upon request basis subject to availability on arrival.
Do you provide childcare service?
Yes, we do provide childcare service such as babysitting and its U.S $60 per 3 hours per child basis.
Do you provide a laundry service?
Yes, we do. In general, laundry service is available throughout your stay. Please place your laundry into the bag provided in your room together with the completed form and your room attendant will collect it. For an express service, kindly dial housekeeping or alternatively inform your villa host.
Do you provide room service?
Yes, we do provide room service 24/7.
Can I smoke anywhere in the resort?
You may smoke outside in designated areas but please note that all our villas are nonsmoking.
Can I swim anywhere around the resort?
We would advise not to swim in front of your lagoon when the sea is very rough as there may be a strong current. However, we do have a main pool.
What is the dress code?
Island Chic and Smart Casual for Restaurant & Bars.
When you come to the restaurants, the dress code requires men to wear at least a T-shirt and shorts and ladies to cover their body with a long T-shirt or a sarong/dress. We kindly ask you not to come to the reception and guest lounges in swimwear.
Are there any mosquitoes on the island?
We do not have mosquito nets in the rooms. It could be advisable to bring insect repellents as this a tropical island. Mosquito repellents are available in our shop as well.
What are the Photography and Drone policies?
Due to privacy concerns, Cocoon prohibits the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones. We kindly ask guests to refrain from flying drones anywhere on the island. For drone shootings please contact Guest Relations. Photography is allowed for personal use.
Are there snorkeling options?
The house reef is 6 minutes away by Dhoni. We offer free snorkelling trips to the House reef twice daily.Snorkelling is also done by many guests in the lagoon around the Island.
All guests are entitled to free snorkelling trips to the house reef and yes, we do provide snorkelling gears free during the stay and should there not be a charge.
What are the Honeymoon Benefits?
These services will be provided on complimentary basis where applicable. Should clients wish to avail these services the request is to be submitted at the time of reservations. To qualify for honeymoon services, honeymooners will be required to submit certified documents (validity max. 6 months) and this should be communicated at the time of reservation.
All Honeymooners for a minimum 4 nights stay will receive a bottle of wine, chocolate with special turndown service per room per stay and free room upgrade (subject to availability).
Couples Staying for 7 nights and more will also receive one couple massage and one Romantic Candle lit dinner for two persons.
What are the free services available in Cocoon Maldives?
Free Wi-Fi in all guest villas and public areas
Free Snorkeling Gear
Free House-reef snorkelling by boat daily morning
Free Kayak from Water Sports
What are the Complimentary Guest Services available in Cocoon Maldives?
These services will be provided on a complimentary basis where applicable. Should clients wish to avail these services the request is to be submitted at the time of reservations.
- Guest celebrating birthday or anniversary on the island will receive a cake per stay.
- Repeat guests will receive a fruit basket on arrival per stay
- All Honeymooners for a minimum 4 nights stay will receive a bottle of wine, chocolate with special turn-down service per room per stay and a Romantic Candlelit dinner for two persons.
- Honeymooners staying in Lagoon villas and Lagoon suites for minimum 7 nights will get additionally Champagne breakfast in the privacy of their villa once per stay.
What are the power supplies and what kind of plugs?
240v – Universal Power Plugs with USB port
How far is the house reef from Cocoon Maldives?
All Islands have a house reef to a greater or lesser extent. It is a coral reef which separates the island and its lagoon from deeper water beyond the reef. Cocoon’s house reef has to be reached by a boat trip of not less than 5-minutes.
Can I fish in the reef?
Please note there is no fishing allowed on the resort reef. For fishing excursions please contact your villa host or visit Reception.
What are the meal plans available at Cocoon Maldives?
Half Board means breakfast, dinner and drinks during meal times (which include water, soft drink, house wine, tap beer, tea and coffee).
Full Board means breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks during meal times (which include water, soft drink, house wine, tap beer, tea and coffee).
All Inclusive means breakfast, lunch, dinner and selected drinks included.
XXL All-inclusive means breakfast, lunch, dinner, beverages, premium drinks, special dinners and activities included.
The All-Inclusive supplement includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served at the Main Restaurant, afternoon Tea/Coffee with snacks served from 1630hrs – 1800hrs.
- Bottled water, Drinks served by the glass (including soft drinks, beer, house wine and pouring spirits which includes Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, Brandy, Tequila, Rum, Arrack and Martini). Beverages to be served between 1000hrs and 0000hrs only. After midnight, all consumed drinks will be charged at the normal price
- Selected cocktails & mock tails.
- Mini bar – soft drinks and Water (replenished once daily).
- Tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
The XXL All-inclusive supplement incudes:
- At arrival complimentary VIP lounge access at the Trans Maldivian Airways seaplane terminal and assistance at departure.
- Selection of premium wines from all around the world available in our restaurants and bars, unlimited cocktails and signature drinks, fresh juices, soft drinks, tea and coffee blends.
- Premium mini bar, replenished daily with beer, wine, soft drinks, water and snacks
- Daily excursion to be selected from available scheduled options (subject to prevailing weather conditions)
- 20% discount on all SPA services.
- One Romantic dinner in the award winning Manta Restaurant during the stay (minimum 3 nights stay)
- One BBQ dinner on the beach during the stay (minimum 6 nights stay)
Do you cater for special dietary requirements?
At our restaurants, we are committed to welcoming customers with food allergies and special dietary requirements to enjoy meals prepared in a safe, secure environment.
When making a reservation for one of our restaurants, please inform the staff of any dietary requirements and our chef will ensure a suitable meal is prepared, to the best of our abilities. We strive to prepare food to meet all dietary requirements, whenever reasonably possible.
What are the Restaurant Opening hours?
Octopus (Main buffet restaurant)
Breakfast : 07:30 – 10:00 hours
Lunch: 12:30 – 14:30 hours
Dinner: 19:30 – 21:30 hours
Manta (fine dine restaurant)
Lunch – 12:30 – 14:30 hours
Dinner – 19:30 – 21:30 hours
Loabi Loabi (main bar)
Open From: 10: 00 – 00:00 hours (Till the last guest)
Open From: 10: 00 – 19:00 hours
Open From: 17: 00 – 23:00 hours
Can I drink the tap water?
The water from the taps is desalinated seawater and is perfectly safe for brushing your teeth. The water in the restaurant or bars is further filtered and ozone-treated and very safe to drink.